Broad Construction successfully delivered the Highgate Shopping Centre project in 2022.
Scope of work included the:
- Demolition of an existing office space
- Construction of a multi-level retail space housing a Woolworths supermarket, a café, an Early Learning Centre
- Construction of additional retail spaces
- Construction of a carpark and extensive external façade elements.
Through extensive planning and consultation, the Broad Construction team successfully overcame the site's mobility limitations, including its proximity to a power substation and transmission power lines.
To overcome this challenge, they developed a comprehensive safety plan that included extensive planning and consultation with all stakeholders. The plan included measures to ensure no staff or equipment entered electrical exclusion zones and to design custom gantries for travelator installation to avoid contact with overhead wires.
- 2023 National AIB Professional Excellence Award - Commercial Construction $2 million to $25 million (High Commendation)
- 2023 WA AIB Professional Excellence Award - Commercial Construction $2 million to $25 million