The 80 Stirling Street Student Accommodation Refurbishment and Extension project incorporated international-style ‘Campus 4’ shared living environments, where students integrate within modern and attractive surrounds.
Broad Construction secured the project following an early contractor involvement phase with clients GCP Hospitality, Gaw Capital Partners and developer DevWest Group to produce an innovative and cost-effective design and construct programme.
Designed to appeal to a diverse range of domestic and international students, Broad Construction created a quality asset of long-term value, and a vibrant and creative living environment for students.
- Repurposing the eight-storey former Telstra Perth headquarters to accommodate a mixture of restaurants, bars and retail on the ground level.
- Construction of an additional four storeys.
- Fit-out of the ‘Campus Perth’ accommodation concept to suit individual studios and two, four and six shared bedroom accommodation for approximately 700 students.
- Fit-out of the ‘new-style hostel’ accommodation concept on L1 and L2, with dedicated entry off Stirling Street.
- Development and fit-out of 3,600sqm of communal spaces, including a study zone, co-working and social spaces, fitness centre, rooftop terrace, screening rooms and gaming areas.
- 2019 WA AIB Professional Excellence Award – Building Professional of the Year
- 2019 WA AIB Professional Excellence Award - Residential Construction $50 million plus