A world-class terminal for Victoria's aviation hub
CPB Contractors constructed an integrated transport facility and new airline terminal for Australian Pacific Airports (Melbourne) Pty Ltd, as part of a capacity upgrade for Melbourne Airport.
The project included the construction of a seven-storey car park, elevated access roads and ramps, an underground service tunnel, electrical substation and ancillary infrastructure.
CPB Contractors delivered the new Terminal 4 in a joint venture with our subsidiary and fellow CIMIC Group company Broad Construction.
Broad's specialist new build and fit-out capabilities completed works including baggage handling and reclaim facilities, check-in kiosks and associated infrastructure, staff amenities, retail areas and connections to existing concourses.
The project demonstrated our strength in the aviation, civil infrastructure and commercial building markets, as well as the ability for CPB and Broad to collaborate, leverage core competencies and deliver solutions and value.
Scope of works included:
- A seven-storey car park building with space for 2,650 cars;
- 200 rental car bays, with associated facilities;
- A ground-level transport interchange for buses and taxis;
- Lobby areas incorporating remote check-in facilities; and
- A grade separation of Melrose Drive, including an elevated four-lane road approximately 760m in length.
Works were successfully completed in 2015.