CPB Contractors has helped complete the Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication project in South Australia.
The project has been delivered by the PW2PA Alliance – comprising CPB Contractors, Aurecon and GHD in alliance with the Department for Infrastructure and Transport.
This project has eased congestion and improved safety on the Augusta Highway and the Copper Coast Highway, resulting in improved traffic flows for commuters and an improved agricultural gateway for Port Wakefield.
Completed works include:
- construction of two-lane roads in both directions through Port Wakefield;
- removal of at-grade turns at the intersection of the Port Wakefield, Copper Coast and Augusta highways;
- a new two-lane overpass from the Copper Coast Highway to Port Wakefield and Augusta Highway to Copper Coast Highway;
- upgraded pedestrian access and landscaping in Port Wakefield;
- realignment of an intersection; and
- construction of new bridges over the Wakefield River.
The South Australian Port Wakefield Overpass and Highway Duplication project team hosted a celebration at Port Wakefield Oval to thank the community for their cooperation and patience during the project delivery. Hundreds of people attended the event, which included live music, displays, free food, road safety awareness promotions and activities.