Our Computer Aided Tendering System (Cats estimating) is used across CIMIC Group and multiple disciplines to build competitive tenders and high-value solutions for our clients.
Cats is a specialised estimating platform with flexible functionality that allows users to customise estimates to suit tendering requirements.
Our initial challenge was how to provide our tender teams with real-time access to a plant, labour, materials, and subcontractor rates database.
The system allows estimators to build estimates in their own way whilst maintaining overall consistency of rates and costs.
- Superior cashflow modelling and escalation calculations
- 9-levels of complex resource build-up providing great flexibility
- Intelligent dynamic linking to MS Excel
- Superior markup process for unbalancing
- Superior cost-coding
- Superior reporting functions
- Customisable at server, register, tender and user levels
- Customisable multiple views of all screens
- Full multi-user capability, locks out one user when two users attempt to edit the same item in a module
- Multi-level security and access control
- Very flexible and easy to extract and dissect data within an estimate
- Truck haul cycle simulation with productivity and fuel usage
- Complete and up-to-date Plant Library
- Measured quantities module for digital 2D take-off and BIM integration.
With a history going back to the 1980’s when it was first developed as a tool at CIMIC by a civil engineer, Cats has consistently been a mainstay for CIMIC Group estimating teams.
Through regular redevelopments, the product remains industry leading – and the current Cats product team is continuing to enhance its features to keep pace with industry requirements.
Key roles serviced by Cats estimating:
- Project Management
- Finance and Commercial Management
- Site Management
- Quantity surveying.