CIMIC has launched its One HSE Culture program, a common and consistent set of behaviours our employees share - across the Group - which places safety at the centre of everything we do.
The program’s framework guides our behaviours and defines what each of us can do to build and maintain One HSE Culture.
The behaviours are defined for three groups; managers, supervisors, and everyone, with the ‘everyone’ behaviours applying to all people regardless of their role.
In addition, employees in leadership roles should also demonstrate the ‘supervisor’ or ‘manager’ behaviours.
The behaviours underpinning our One HSE Culture framework are grouped into four broad themes: risk management, standards, communication and involvement.
Each theme is supported by a set of positive (‘I will’) behaviours. Some examples of how the framework can be used include:
- Inductions – to communicate expected behaviours to staff, workforce and subcontractors
- Audits and reviews – to identify and close gaps in our existing culture
- Leadership programs – to build and reinforce the skills needed to achieve our desired culture
- Reward and recognition programs – to recognise people or projects that are demonstrating positive behaviours and making a contribution to achieving excellence, and
- Incident reviews – to ensure the behavioural aspects of our incidents are captured and addressed.