CIMIC Group Limited’s 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) is scheduled to be held on Wednesday 1 April 2020 at 10.00am (Sydney time).
CIMIC is committed to ensuring the health and safety of its stakeholders.
Given the serious health risks associated with the rapid evolution of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and recent government restrictions to slow the spread of the virus by limiting gatherings and travel, CIMIC has decided to hold its AGM with the following precautions:
- The AGM will now be held at, and broadcast from, level 25, 177 Pacific Highway, North Sydney.
- CIMIC’s Board members who reside overseas and interstate will be unable to attend the meeting in-person and will attend the meeting via virtual means.
- CIMIC will ensure that it complies with the requirements for a validly held meeting under its Constitution and the Corporations Act.
- For their health and safety, shareholders are strongly encouraged to participate in the AGM via the following online means, rather than attending in person.
Please click here to watch the CIMIC Group Limited’s 2020 Annual General Meeting.
Shareholders may appoint a proxy or cast a direct vote, as outlined in the Notice of Meeting. Completed voting forms must be received by CIMIC’s share registrar no later than 10.00am (Sydney time) on Monday, 30 March 2020.
Shareholders may use the 'Lumi' mobile application to vote on resolutions in real time through the mobile application. Please refer to the instructions available here on page 3.
Reasonable opportunity to ask questions
CIMIC will allow shareholders a reasonable opportunity at the AGM to ask questions, or make comments, by submitting such questions and comments in writing before the AGM.
Shareholders may submit written questions in advance of the AGM, following the instructions outlined in the Notice of Meeting.
CIMIC has extended the timeframe for receiving written questions to 5.00pm (Sydney time) on Monday 30 March 2020.
As a consequence of the AGM being broadcast online, the following changes will also be made:
- cancellation of catering after the AGM;
- cancellation of interactive foyer displays prior to the AGM; and
- monitoring of adherence to social distancing protocols during the AGM.
If it becomes necessary to make alternative arrangements with respect to any aspect of the AGM, CIMIC will advise shareholders through its website and by making an ASX announcement.
What: CIMIC Group Annual General Meeting 2020
Where: Level 25, 177 Pacific Highway, North Sydney.
When: Wednesday 1 April 2020 at 10.00am (Sydney time)
Notice of meeting and voting
In accordance with Listing Rule 3.17, please see the links below for a copy of the Notice of Meeting and Voting Form for CIMIC Group’s 2020 Annual General Meeting (AGM) along with other relevant information:
The Notice of Meeting and Voting Form together with the Company’s 2019 Annual Report was dispatched to shareholders on 2 March 2020. The 2019 Annual Report was previously released to the ASX on 4 February 2020.
Items of business
- Annual Financial Report and Directors’ and Auditor’s Reports: To receive the financial report, directors’ report and auditor’s report for the Company and its controlled entities for the financial year ended 31 December 2019 (2019 Financial Year). Note: there is no requirement for shareholders to approve these reports.
- Remuneration Report: To consider and if thought fit pass the following resolution as a non-binding ordinary resolution: that for the purposes of section 250R(2) of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and for all other purposes , the Remuneration Report for the 2019 Financial Year be adopted. Note: the vote on this resolution is non-binding.
- Re-election of Directors: To consider and if thought fit pass the following resolutions as an ordinary resolutions:
3.1 Re-election of Marcelino Fernández Verdes as a director of the Company
3.2 Re-election of José Luis del Valle Pérez as a director of the Company
3.3 Re-election of Pedro López Jiménez as a director of the Company
How to send your written questions
You can send any written questions to CIMIC’s Share Registrar in the following way:
- By hand:
Computershare Investor Services Pty Limited,
Level 3, 60 Carrington Street
Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
- By mail:
Computershare Investor Services Pty Limited
GPO Box 242
Melbourne VIC 3001 Australia
- By email:
- By facsimile:
Within Australia: 1800 783 447
Outside Australia: +61 3 9473 2555