World-class health assets to support local communities
CPB Contractors has delivered Sydney’s new Northern Beaches Hospital in Frenchs Forest, New South Wales.
The nine-storey hospital includes 488 beds, a state-of-the-art emergency department with a medical centre, 14 operating theatres, mental health facilities, a helipad for emergency transport, retail and customer services and 1,400 car spaces.
Construction began in February 2015 and the hospital is scheduled to open in 2018.
At its peak, the design and construction of this project provided employment for approximately 700 people.
The Northern Beaches Hospital development is a design and construction project for the operator, Healthscope. Healthscope will operate the entire hospital for 20 years, after which the public portion will be handed back to the state. They will then continue to operate the private hospital for a total of 40 years.
The project scope included:
- Design of facility from concept
- Environmental approvals
- Construction of 70,000m2 hospital
- Construction of 40,000m2 car park – 1,400 car spaces
- Construction of campus wide roads, support infrastructure
- 50 space emergency department
- 14 operating theatres, 2 cardiac catheter labs and 4 procedure rooms
- State of the art intensive care and six surgical suites
- Services augmentation
- Commissioning and training
The hospital is the first to be built on a greenfield site in Sydney in 20 years.