Drivers travelling along the Sydney Road to Edgars Road section of the M80 Upgrade are now benefiting from CPB Contractors and Major Road Projects Victoria’s commitment to disciplined delivery.
All major works have been completed a year ahead of schedule and speed limits on this section have now returned to 100km/h.
With a strong focus on delivering a sustainable project that supports local communities, the early delivery of the M80 Upgrade has seen CPB Contractors:
- Create over 150 full-time jobs
- Facilitate over 85,000 hours worked by apprentices, cadets and trainees
- Deliver the first major road project in Victoria to include recycled content in every layer of its road pavement
- Recycle the equivalent of 3 million plastic bags in freeway asphalt
- Use over 47,000 tonnes of recycled concrete throughout construction
Early delivery of this important section of this major freeway upgrade demonstrates CPB Contractors’ unwavering commitment to delivering world-class infrastructure that transforms communities and builds industry capability and sustainable growth.