Sentinar Telepower Management Services
- Related images
- Project dates
- Aug 2006 - Jan 2016
- Contract type
- Facilities management (Joint Venture)
- $350 million, Thiess' share is $175 million (at 30 June 2011)
- Group Company
- Project details
This project was originally awarded to Thiess. In December 2014, Leighton established a 50:50 investment partnership with funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management (NYSE:APO) for the merged services business from Leighton Contractors and Thiess. As part of this change, this project was transitioned to the new business originated from the Leighton-Apollo Services partnership called Ventia.
Thiess Services' telecommunications division, Silcar has been awarded the Sentinar contract for the provision of facilities management and telepower services to Telstra's network across Australia. The Sentinar contract is part of a Joint Venture between Silcar and Transfield Services, and their aim is to ensure a robust and reliable network for Telstra and its customers.The objective of Sentinar is to:
- provide a better operational approach to Telstra
- ensure flexible solutions to meet the evolving demands of Telstra's business, and
- to have the best people to deliver the solution.
The project involves supporting over 20,000 Telstra facilities in cities and remote locations throughout Australia.