CIMIC Group Limited (ASX: CIM), founded in Australia in 1949, is one of the world’s leading international contractors and the world’s largest contract miner. CIMIC, previously known as Leighton Holdings, was listed on the Australian Stock Exchange in 1962 and has its head office in Sydney, Australia.
CIMIC provides construction, mining, mineral processing, engineering, concessions, and operation and maintenance services to the infrastructure, resources and property markets.It operates in more than 20 countries throughout the Asia Pacific, the Middle East, North and South America and Sub‐Saharan Africa and, as at 31 March 2017, employed approximately 51,300 people directly and through its investments.
- CPB Contractors, incorporating Leighton Asia – a leading international construction contractor;
- Thiess – a global contract miner;
- Sedgman - a global mineral processing specialist;
- UGL - a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services.
- Pacific Partnerships – a developer and investor in Public Private Partnerships projects built by CIMIC’s operating companies and a provider of operation and maintenance services to clients; and
- EIC Activities – our internal engineering and consultancy, providing specialist design, technical support and research and technology.
Amongst these Operating Companies are entities that have been in existence since the 1930s.
The principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery underpin CIMIC’s operations. These principles provide a shared language and identity for CIMIC and guide its actions. Each of these principles is underpinned by a continual focus on safety which is fundamental to CIMIC’s operations.