CIMIC Group Limited
Adolfo Valderas, Chief Executive Officer
CIMIC Group’s solid financial position, our robust pipeline and the expertise of our people in delivering complex construction, mining, mineral and concessions projects provides us with a strong future of which I am proud to be a part.
CIMIC Group Limited (formerly Leighton Holdings Limited) was founded in 1949, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1962 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
CIMIC Group Limited provides leadership, corporate governance structures, and financial strength to its operating companies: CPB Contractors, Leighton Asia, Thiess, Sedgman, Pacific Partnerships and EIC Activities. The CIMIC Group’s aim is to generate sustainable returns for shareholders by delivering projects for our clients while providing safe, rewarding and fulfilling careers for our people.
The Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery underpin CIMIC’s operations. These principles provide a shared language and identity for CIMIC and guide its actions. Each of these principles is underpinned by a continual focus on safety which is fundamental to CIMIC’s operations.
Focus and activities
CIMIC Group Limited is the publicly listed parent company of the CIMIC Group. Its focus is:
- Corporate governance
- Financial management
Management and key statistics
- Chief Executive Officer – A Valderas.
- CIMIC Group revenue – $ 10,853.6 million, for the 12 months ended 31 December 2016.
- CIMIC Group Work in Hand1 – $34.0 billion as at 31 December 2016.
- Major Shareholder – HOCHTIEF (72.682%).
- No. of Group Employees – as at 31 December 2016, CIMIC Group Limited employed approximately 50,500 people directly and through its investments.
1 WIH includes CIMIC’s share of work in hand from UGL, joint ventures and associates
2As at 5 October 2016
View the Group structure chart here
Board and Committees
Find out about the CIMIC Group Limited Board and its Committees here.
- M Fernández Verdes - Executive Chairman
- A Valderas - Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director
- A Muriel - Chief Financial Officer and Chief Development Officer
- G Sassine - Executive General Manager Investment and Group Property
- J Gough - Executive General Manager Internal Audit
- L S Griffiths - Company Secretary
- L Interligi - Chief Human Resources and Corporate Services Officer
- J M Grogan - Executive General Manager Sustainability
- F Tyndall - General Manager Communications