Michael Carretta, Acting Managing Director
Sedgman is a leading provider of mineral processing and associated infrastructure solutions to the global resources industry. Our whole-of-life offering is strengthened by our years of expertise, our outstanding team and our client focus.
Sedgman is a market leader in the design, construction and operation of mineral processing plants and associated minesite infrastructure.
With an established track record in successful project and operation delivery, for more than 35 years Sedgman has remained focused on realising value for clients.
Sedgman strives for excellence at every level of resource engineering – from pre-feasibility and commissioning through to operations and beyond and has successfully completed more than 170 processing and handling projects globally.
Sedgman has a balanced commodity portfolio across base and precious metals, industrial minerals, coal and iron ore as well as associated minesite infrastructure
- Design, construction and operation of mineral processing plants.
- All aspects of project delivery through concept development, pre-feasibility and planning.
- Specialised technical expertise and proven track record in Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) delivery and advanced commercial capabilities.
- Industry leading facility performance including plant operations and maintenance.
Management and key statistics
- Mining and mineral processing (Thiess and Sedgman) revenue – $1,416.7 million in the 6 months ended 30 June 2016.
- Mining and mineral processing (Thiess and Sedgman) Work in Hand – $9,508 million as at 31 December 2015 - $10,021 as at 30 June 2016.
- Head Office – Brisbane
- Operates in – Australia, Shanghai, Santiago, Vancouver and Johannesburg.
- Commodities – Coal, minerals and metals and iron ore
Managing Director Resume
Michael joined Sedgman in 1998 and was appointed as Managing Director in December 2016, having held the role in an acting capacity since June 2016. Michael has held senior management and technical roles within Sedgman, most recently as Director Engineering and Project Delivery with accountability across all Sedgman’s operating regions. Michael was previously Sedgman’s Global Director Operations, where he was responsible for global contract operations, including coal and metals plant operations, international operations expansion and diversification into new market sectors.
Michael has more than 20 years’ of experience in the mining industry. Prior to joining Sedgman he held various engineering and management roles with BHP Billiton.