Laying the foundations for Sydney's second airport
We proudly laid the foundations for the $5.3 billion Western Sydney Airport, after winning the $80 million early earthworks package from WSA Co.
WSA Co. is a new government business enterprise, established by the Australian Government as a company to deliver and operate the Western Sydney Airport project.
The early earthworks included:
- The delivery of bulk earthworks and moving more than 1.8 million cubic metres of earth;
- Construction of a new and realigned Badgerys Creek Road; and
- A new intersection at Elizabeth Drive, in collaboration with Roads and Maritime Services.
CPB Contractors and Lendlease were equal joint venture partners in the construct-only contract.
Following its expected opening in 2026, Western Sydney Airport will be a major domestic and international aviation gateway for NSW.
Our expertise in aviation and transport is extensive. We have created new and upgraded domestic and international trade and travel networks, as well as generated hundreds of jobs and business opportunities for local communities.
- CPB Contractors, with its JV partner, delivered the $400 million in airfield works for Brisbane Airport – the most important Queensland aviation infrastructure for 30 years, increasing the airport’s capacity to half-a-million flights by 2045.
- In 2016, CPB Contractors, with its Alliance partners, delivered the award-winning $1 billion Gateway WA Perth Airport and Freight Access Project safely and ahead of schedule, creating a world-class transport network to support the state’s long-term growth.